- Cheetos and Pepsi, perhaps have a strong lobby in Congress.
- Do any of these food stamp users know how to cook from scratch?
- Microwave is as common as the TV remote.
- Efficiency is great, if it gets you to work on time.
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, a D.C.-based nonprofit, has proposed limiting SNAP purchases to whole grains; fresh, frozen or low-sodium canned vegetables; beans; and fruits. This meal plan would supply 65 percent less fat than the average American diet and twice the fiber, according to the committee.
- Democrat voters and food stamp lobbyists are in control, and it will be hard to change their unhealthful ways.