- Chicago's killing count is near 500 this year, it will go over the mark this weekend.
- Bet on it.
- People want to protect themselves, so the tax makes it harder for them.
- You will find that arrests are never made.
- Gangs rule, police cannot deal with it.
The new tax was sold to the public with the idea that it would offset the public cost of medical care for shooting victims.
According to Board President Toni Preckwinkle's own numbers, that cost was just shy of $35 million.
Yet the estimated revenue for the new tax will be roughly $600,000.
- So it cannot be about funding medical seriously, it is about gun control, the Obama agenda.