- This just after the reelection.
For the chairman and chief executive of Murray Energy, an Ohio-based coal company, the reelection of President Obama was no cause for celebration. It was a time for prayer — and layoffs.
Robert E. Murray read a prayer to a group of company staff members on the day after the election, lamenting the direction of the country and asking: “Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”
- There will be more to come from all employers, big and small nationwide.
- What's really sad, these folks want to work.
- They have homes, family, plans for the future.
- An evil spell is passing through our great country.